Chickentrain's Dog Q&A

By a shrink.
Actually it was back in the day when I was still smoking. My son bought me a bottle of Yellowtail wine. The variety was called "Smoking Loon." So I guess that made it official. I poured us both a glass and told him, "it takes one to know one, Son. "

Anyone experienced joint problems with their dogs? How do you prevent it and how to treat it or at least make it more comfortable for the dog?
Depends on what joint and what’s causing it. When I had old cats who where getting a bit arthritic, we got them heated mats to sleep on which seemed to help. My dogs patella used to move out of place some times, at the moment I am just watching her too see if it starts causing problems in her old age

@berryncherry @cherrynberry

Socilization is NOT letting your dog play with other dogs. Believe it or not, your dog does NOT need friends. Socilization is the process of letting your dog see a dog, and not react. Its just normalizing other dogs. You're doing the backwards of socilization. Bringing your scared dog to the dog park is making your dog even more scared of dogs. I suggest going to a park, and jackpot rewarding your dog every time a dog walks past and your dog doesn't react. That is socilization.

@BigBlueHen53 , you agree?

@berryncherry @cherrynberry

Socilization is NOT letting your dog play with other dogs. Believe it or not, your dog does NOT need friends. Socilization is the process of letting your dog see a dog, and not react. Its just normalizing other dogs. You're doing the backwards of socilization. Bringing your scared dog to the dog park is making your dog even more scared of dogs. I suggest going to a park, and jackpot rewarding your dog every time a dog walks past and your dog doesn't react. That is socilization.

@BigBlueHen53 , you agree?
Yep. I tried to do that a few times. He sometimes just ignores the treats. Planning on bringing chicken next time.:hmm

Back
Top Bottom