chickhatchery.com are these real amercanas?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by pidgey104, Jun 16, 2010.

1. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    I was thinking about ordering from them do they raise real amercanas?

[​IMG]

2. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    They are lovely, but I don't think ameraucanas come in that color. I'm sure somebody with more experience will weigh in.

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Those pictured appear to be AMERAUCANAS.

4. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

That's John Blehm's website...and those are buff Ameraucana....an accepted color indeed, just rare.

5. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Quote:I think they do come in that color taht seems to be the only breeds they really raise is amercanas. I would love to get some real amercanas

6. shelleyb1969

Quote:John Blehm is president of the Ameraucana Breeder's Club. [​IMG] So he knows his stuff...and he's a very nice man to boot! [​IMG]

7. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Okay I know their asking $6 a chick which doesnt seem bad. min order is 25 Hmm I was thinking of getting 10 buffs and 15 lavenders

8. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    They do come in that variety, Buff colored. It is one of the standards. Those birds are gorgeous! I'd be wary though that what they advertise on their website might not be what you receive in the mail. Some hatcheries breeding practices tend to be a bit questionable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2010
  9. shelleyb1969

Has anyone seen my previous posts in this thread regarding this website and this breeder? I think everyone's so busy posting that they're skipping over some important info. [​IMG] I wouldn't hesitate in a SECOND to order from this website...in fact, I have ordered and got chicks from him. I don't think you'll go wrong, pidgey, if you order from him.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2010
  10. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Quote:Okay cool about how long after you place an order do they send out. and at what season do they quite hatching?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by