Chickies hatching! PICS on pg3

Babies are still popping and I'm still shining that flashlight into the window blinding them to get a peak.
lol.png
The nice thing is they should be close to finished by morning and ready for the brooder. I hope.
fl.gif

Sandy - I hope you have a wonderful hatch too.
jumpy.gif

Ang - I can't wait to see how the flock turns out too. My lav cockerels are crowing up a storm already and trying to breed. And the poor pullets are saying "no way buddy, I'm not quite ready". lol

Wild Chicken - best wishes for a great hatch too. I hope your babies hear you calling. Cheep at them.
jumpy.gif

This morning's update:

The hatcher is drenching wet. I am worried. One lavender baby egg left to hatch and we're at 100%, but those babies are not drying. We propped something in the edges of the hatcher to let some moisture escape. Keeping my fingers crossed that everything will be ok.
fl.gif

I'll get pics of the peeps when we move them to the brooder later.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your babies. How many lavender did you end up with (out of how many possible-lav eggs you set)?

ETA: Post office just called!!
smile.png
smile.png
Going to go pick up my eggs now, Jody!
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
The last egg just hatched!
jumpy.gif
I'm keeping the lid very slightly propped to get them to dry up faster. They are so wet I can't barely see the color. I do see a couple lavender who are starting to dry, so hopefully as they fluff up more I'll be able to tell who's who. All 23 lav eggs hatched. 2 out of 3 split lav araucana hatched and 3 out of 3 on the bantam orps.

Thanks for keeping your fingers crossed for the peeps. They are quite lively, so hopefully the excessive moisture didn't get to them.

I hope the eggs arrived safely for you!
fl.gif
Good luck with your hatch too!

Wheee!!
smile.png
Can't wait to see pictures!
big_smile.png

Looks like the P.O. was a little rough with the box. One of the eggs was smushed, but the rest all came through looking fine. Thank you for the extras.
smile.png
And I have to say, you pack your eggs beautifully! They're currently resting and I will put them in the bator tonight.

Thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry to hear about the smushed egg, but glad to hear the others are ok. I hope the hatch goes well.

The babies are starting to dry up better now, so should have pics soon.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom