ourcozycoop

Chirping
Oct 16, 2018
I often hear of broody hens mothering the barn litter of kitties

We have had two barn litters but no luck on a broody hen making all that cuteness happen, anyone experience their broody hen mother kittens?

Growing up we’ve always had rescue pit bulls, one guy; Oden use to gather the kittens gently and put them back in their bed when they started wondering. He and who we called Little Kitty were the best of friends. He would panic like “Ahhh, Oh no guys!! The babies are getting away! Save them!!” It was the cutest thing to watch. He would spend hours cleaning them too. I can’t seem to find a picture though

So if you’ve experience this joy, I want to see your pictures!!

Well none of them have babies just yet but will show you the hens
Misty: will take some of her tomorrow
Dreamy: she is the black hen with the gold chest half cut out will get some better pics tomorrow
C3E7CA94-4D92-4804-A27C-A4BFB6E68D81.jpeg

And Brienna: we don’t want her on eggs but even when she has been pushed off she comes back
4232EC52-26A3-4A5D-98BC-94AA2D97E454.jpeg

Well none of them have babies just yet but will show you the hens
Misty: will take some of her tomorrow
Dreamy: she is the black hen with the gold chest half cut out will get some better pics tomorrow
View attachment 1594182
And Brienna: we don’t want her on eggs but even when she has been pushed off she comes back
View attachment 1594183

Very cute!! I find our orpingtons and all our Bantams to be the Brodie’s of our flock. Our little bantams are always trying to make babies lol

Yup we didn’t want Brienna on eggs cause she can be quite aggressive when broody and I try to handle my other hens as much as possible so I don’t want to be attacked

Yes this is like Linda, she gets very protective. This time around tho I noticed some members of our flock not stand for her crap. LoL

We actually moved Linda into our large brooder to hatch because of the attack of Blondy. She seems happy there

Back
Top Bottom