*CHICKS are HERE!!!* Egg Candling Pics: Progression Though Incubation

Pics
Quote:
Thanks, Day eight started today and last night all I saw on all 28 eggs was yokes. Beginning to wonder if my eggs were not fertile but as active as our drake has been with the girls I have a hard time seeing how they couldn't be. Guess I'll wait a few more days to be sure.

Thanks, Day eight started today and last night all I saw on all 28 eggs was yokes. Beginning to wonder if my eggs were not fertile but as active as our drake has been with the girls I have a hard time seeing how they couldn't be. Guess I'll wait a few more days to be sure.

Well as far as I can tell all of those first eggs were infertile. One got a blood ring and I am no sure that an infertile egg gets those, but either way by day 11 I tossed them all and picked up 24 Maran mixed eggs locally and set those on the 22nd. They are doing great. Well 2 were infertile and 3 got blood rings around day 2 or 3. But the rest all look great and you can actually see the chickens moving around inside them. It might be the coolest thing ever! I'm pretty excited were on day 10 now I think. I'll have to check the calendar...if today is the 2nd then today is day 11! Over halfway there! Can't wait! Anyway I feel like as long as you have a good flashlight you should be able to see veins on day 3 but definitely day 7. An by day 8 you should see them moving in there. You don't want to give up on an egg too soon, nor do you want to keep a bad egg too long. So I figure of by day 10 you don't see anything then try a different brighter flashlight, and if still nothing, then toss those and start over

its clearly that the air bubble on lock down is not 1/3 the egg size as some have been saying, thanks now i know im on the safe side :)

Thanks for those pics I candled the eggs my broody was sitting on and really didn't see much except for the space near the fat end of the egg(its day 20 and I'm hatching guineas) I was beginning to think they were bad but they pretty much look like your day 17 and 18 eggs. Not so worried now.

I know I'm a few years late but thank you so much for posting this! I'm learning so much & will have an idea of what to look for when I start incubating eggs :D

Back
Top Bottom