Chicks are lost in the mail. :( USPS has no idea where they are.

Good news!!!!
My chicks did not get lost in the mail. Due to the weather the chicks never made it on the plane in MN and they were sent back to the hatchery. They say that all chicks returned from airport are safe and have been cared for. Unfortunately I have to wait till next week for my chicks now, as they can't send the same ones so I must wait for a new hatch on Friday.

Good news!!!!
My chicks did not get lost in the mail. Due to the weather the chicks never made it on the plane in MN and they were sent back to the hatchery. They say that all chicks returned from airport are safe and have been cared for. Unfortunately I have to wait till next week for my chicks now, as they can't send the same ones so I must wait for a new hatch on Friday.
glad the babies are safe and hopefully it'll be nicer out when the ship out your new babies

Good news!!!!
*YaY* what great news! Maybe you can get these extras mostly sold by the time yours get there! I'd LOVE to accidentally be sent some Australorps!

glad they are ok im in the uk and tempting as it is to buy live chicks there is no way i would do it even hens at pol. i am wating for a smallholding and if i get it i will gladly travel the 60 miles plus to pick them up. i want to see them for myself and take them home myself either that or i will not buy them. ive never bought eggs either in the post ive picked them up and carried them on my knee all the way home.as far as im aware in the uk unless they have a liscence and thats rare and expensive no courrier will do this here. there are really good and bad breeders sellers etc in every country. its best to look yourself properly before you ship chicks in boxes. sorry if i offend anyone its not common practice here xx

Good news!!!!
IM SO DARN GLAD THEY DIDNT DIE!!

Good news!!!!
Good, Happy for you! Now go out and get the Poultry Nutri-Drench so you will be prepared this time.
Best,
Karen

Thanks! for the post . I was getting nervous. Mine are due from Murray between march 15-18 . I'm really excited . So "Happy" Yours arrived all safe .Good Luck

Sorry I meant to say I glad Your found out They are still alive. My nerves are on edge ...almost like having My Children again. I sure
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
these
jumpy.gif
will listen better then the First ones ..
wee.gif

Oh, I'm so glad that they are found, and that you'll be getting your happy back! I didn't have any Nutri-drench or anything when mine arrived and looked so bad - so in desperation I mixed up some sugar water, dipped each little beak into it until I physically saw them swallow and then drink on her own, and left that in the brooder until the chicks were looking pert and chowing down well. Then I switched to regular water. I read somewhere on here that that works for stressed chicks, but someone else said not to keep them on it for long. Boy, this place has been amazing for assistance with problems I didn't even anticipate!

Back
Top Bottom