Chicks are lost in the mail. :( USPS has no idea where they are.

Oh, I'm so glad that they are found, and that you'll be getting your happy back! I didn't have any Nutri-drench or anything when mine arrived and looked so bad - so in desperation I mixed up some sugar water, dipped each little beak into it until I physically saw them swallow and then drink on her own, and left that in the brooder until the chicks were looking pert and chowing down well. Then I switched to regular water. I read somewhere on here that that works for stressed chicks, but someone else said not to keep them on it for long. Boy, this place has been amazing for assistance with problems I didn't even anticipate!
IT IS AMAZING FOR ADVICE ISNT IT! In the last month i feel like i went from a no nothing twit when it came to chickens to a chicken professionals assistant.. lol between youtube videos, books, online googling, reading...more reading... asking questions.. asking for advice..asking for tips on here... ive become quiet informed on chickens lol never thought id say that...

Thank you all for the good thoughts... I have awesome folks at the local PO... they found them last night in Atlanta and got them here for us this morning. It still was a long time.. I had one dead and I have a little girl that may not make it thru the nite. I fed her today with an eye dropper,sugar water and food watered down. I held her on my chest in a washcloth so she could feel my heart beat and she slept for a half hour.. and woke up chirping but tonight she is weak again.. Nature will take its course.. Here is a picture and I hope you all get your deliveries. Keep us posted...

Thank you all for the good thoughts... I have awesome folks at the local PO... they found them last night in Atlanta and got them here for us this morning. It still was a long time.. I had one dead and I have a little girl that may not make it thru the nite. I fed her today with an eye dropper,sugar water and food watered down. I held her on my chest in a washcloth so she could feel my heart beat and she slept for a half hour.. and woke up chirping but tonight she is weak again.. Nature will take its course.. Here is a picture and I hope you all get your deliveries. Keep us posted...
fl.gif
Ill pray all your babies are okay and ur little one makes it through... heres hopin!
fl.gif

This was my free rare chick that the hatchery sent me . Does anyone know what kind it may be? I am new at this chicken raising... My 12 RIR that I have will be a year old next month and they are treating me real good with eggs. 10-12 a day... Wonderful girls...slightly spoiled...
D.gif

Quote:Originally Posted by luckylee

This was my free rare chick that the hatchery sent me . Does anyone know what kind it may be? I am new at this chicken raising... My 12 RIR that I have will be a year old next month and they are treating me real good with eggs. 10-12 a day... Wonderful girls...slightly spoiled...
D.gif

Looks like a gold laced wyandotte

Last edited:
Awe thanks everybody. I was so worried that those chicks weren't gonna make it. And it was such a relief that somebody had enough sense to send them back before it was too late.
I am a little disappointed that I have to wait another week but if they arrive without any hiccups this time I will be one happy chica.

Golden laced Wyandotte was my guess too. Wonderful chickens! I have a GLW hen and her son is my head rooster. 3 years old and I couldn't ask for a better rooster for my girls!
wink.png

Golden laced Wyandotte was my guess too. Wonderful chickens! I have a GLW hen and her son is my head rooster. 3 years old and I couldn't ask for a better rooster for my girls!
wink.png
thats awesome...thats one of my chicks in this order that ships monday...
one of those
one silver laced wyandotte
two buff orpingtons
and a black australorp
all females tho... (not allowed males, max of 5 chickens city ordeniances )

Last edited:
So sad to hear of the chicks that didn't make it but thrilled for the ones that did!

I have chicks that were sent yesterday. They left Cleveland, OH about 8pm last night and no update since then. I'm SOOOOO nervous! They aren't supposed to be here until Thursday! Meyer sent them 3-day priority! I would totally have paid overnight had I known.

How long can they be in the mail with no food or water? These are my first chickens ever!

Back
Top Bottom