Chicks are lost in the mail. :( USPS has no idea where they are.

So sad to hear of the chicks that didn't make it but thrilled for the ones that did!

I have chicks that were sent yesterday. They left Cleveland, OH about 8pm last night and no update since then. I'm SOOOOO nervous! They aren't supposed to be here until Thursday! Meyer sent them 3-day priority! I would totally have paid overnight had I known.

How long can they be in the mail with no food or water? These are my first chickens ever!
I believe 3 days is the limit. On the 3 day priority mine have always arrived at 2 days, even if it shows a delivery date for the next day. Our last Cackle order shipped on a Monday, was 'due' on a Thursday, but arrived Wednesday, which is when it should have.

Linga B, I also ordered from Meyer, and they shipped yesterday. They have been sitting in the sorting center in my town since lunch time today, but they won't arrive at the post office until 6 a.m. I am so irritated and worried that they didn't call me. I guess they cannot give out packages from the sorting center? Oh, and I am in Georgia. So all this to say I M sure your will arrive safely by Thursday. But the waiting is killing me, as I am sure it is you!

Linga B, I also ordered from Meyer, and they shipped yesterday. They have been sitting in the sorting center in my town since lunch time today, but they won't arrive at the post office until 6 a.m. I am so irritated and worried that they didn't call me. I guess they cannot give out packages from the sorting center? Oh, and I am in Georgia. So all this to say I M sure your will arrive safely by Thursday. But the waiting is killing me, as I am sure it is you!

Where in GA are you? I'm in the CSRA/Augusta Area.

My babies got here this morning! I got the call about 7:20! I didn't even have the brooder setup. I was rushing like crazy this morning. They are all healthy and happy!

That's great news! I picked mine up from the post office this morning, as well. I love their sweet little chatter.

My first pic... I hope I did it correctly. The app is giving me problems.

Back
Top Bottom