Chicks are lost in the mail. :( USPS has no idea where they are.

My local (family owned) supply said they received a whole box of no longer living duckies this morning and had a few more that they didn't think was going to make it :'( So terrible.

My local (family owned) supply said they received a whole box of no longer living duckies this morning and had a few more that they didn't think was going to make it :'( So terrible.
hit.gif
so sad....I got my ducklings this morning, thank god all 20 are ok! I had 1 that was twisting her neck and falling backwards. I mixed 1/2 cup very warm water with 1/2 teaspoon raw honey and a dissolved vitamin tablet. I made sure she got 3 swigs of this, then let her sleep. I really can't tell which one had the problem now!! I tossed the rest of this mix, as it did its job, now just regular food and water. YAY!

Im so excited they arrived! You guys are getting me all ampted up my chicks are supposed to ship monday.. and i feel like ive been waiting a decade! lol

We wait so long and anxious, the next thing we know they are grown up, just so fast! I have 8 that are 3 weeks. They are almost all feathered out!! I just made them a new house, for now.

So did you ever contact the intended recipient of that large order of chicks? I'm curious if you did, and what transpired.

who is that question for? If it is for me Those are my chicks, we drove to Iowa tho get them as it was so cold for mail delivery. They are very happy and growing. I end up with 59 due to them adding a few freebees.
big_smile.png

Oh, I posted this in the wrong thread! Another girl got 57 chick's that was someone else's order, and got her 27 chick's the next day...boy, she was NOT expecting that lol

Oh whoa! I guess you would have to keep them? You can't send them back!! I would keep them if thats what the hatchery wanted.

That's exactly what the hatchery said. Since shipping day Olds van only happen when they are a day old lol.
She's going to keep them as long as she can and give some away. Many of us are trying to convince her to sell some to recoop some of the expenses it takes to accommodate so many more chicks than they were prepared for.
I think these were her first chickens I years, so chicken math got her gooooood!

Back
Top Bottom