Chicks are molting forever!

chickcrazzy

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 17, 2014
Usa
They started 1 month +2weeks ago and they arn't laying yet!!! Grr so frustrating! I have been buying store bought eggs for a while due to molting!!!

I know I have read on forums they stop laying when molting, but I have several going thru soft molts and are laying normally. Don't know why the difference? Are yours in total or hard molt?

I've noticed mine loosing feathers but all are still laying, I think anyways. Oh man I'm going to dread buying store bought eggs soon!!

Maybe you could give them more protein to get the through the hard moly faster. All there protein is going into feather production instead of eggs. I was told to use game bird starter. It's 30% protein. Or ( snicker ) you could buy them eggs to eat.

Yes I have been feeding them as much protien as I can provide! Thanks for the answers. Some arn't loseing feathers anymore and never started laying! I have to have eggs to selll by tomorrow or I won't get to sell them at my school!!! Ahhhh I need Eggssss!!!

Its gets light at 7 am and dark around 8 ish here :/ Any special kind of lights? Or just regulare?

Back
Top Bottom