Chicks are now 8 weeks old (I am hoping all girls)

gillianmomx5

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jan 30, 2009
Gilbert, AZ
So, does anyone think they are all girls? None of them have particularly large combs. 6 are BR and 6 are RIR...anybody? The BR's all have black washed legs in different shades. Couldn't convince them to stand up and pose for the pictures

22068_img_6116.jpg

22068_img_6117.jpg

22068_img_6118.jpg

22068_img_6119.jpg

My Curious Georgia
22068_img_6129.jpg

They all look like pullets to me. Your RIRs don't look anything like mine - too many white feathers. Pretty clucks you have!

I am wondering what they are too. I drive by a farm everyday that has a whole yard full of hens that look just like yours. I have no idea. Very pretty though and definitely look like girls to me
smile.png

Hi,

I have RIR's (at least I THINK they are RIR's) but they look nothing like yours. They don't have any of those beautiful white feathers. I don't know what yours could be but they are gorgeous!

Good luck!
smile.png
Genie

I'd say they're Red Sex Links. I got one last year at the feed store, and she looks just like these... Sort of RIR with too much white. Mine lays medium brown eggs, very regularly, is my friendliest gal, and weathered the winter well.

We have girls that were supposed to be RIR's, and look alot like yours. I think mine are the kids of a sexlink mix.
But, they are great!! very large brown eggs, and sweet dispositions. Not quite as friendly as my real sexlinks, but they are nice.

And while I am not a sexing eggspert, I think they all look like girls, also.

Back
Top Bottom