chicks arrived all dead

Quote:
Oh dear, I know you are worried.
sad.png
I will cross my fingers for those babies.
fl.gif
They could be alright. Stranger things have happened.

Any Hatchery that would ship in the cold we had last week needs to start careing alittle more about the chicks and less about the money

Quote:
Well, the hatcheries get thousands of orders for each ship date all over the US... you can also say that buyers know where they live, the local conditions and weather, should order at a warmer time of the year or cancel their shipment in time.

Major hatcheries will fully replace orders that arrive dead or die in a few days, even if it wasn't their fault. So I don't know if you can say it is only about the money either.

Quote:
When they set the eggs to hatch they can not predict what the temps will be on hatch day. What do you suggest they do with all those chicks if not ship them? The temps were pretty mild in Cameron when they shipped them. They ship them airmail so they move as quick as possible. They also add warmers. They can't however control the weather.

I agree. Last year I ordered from McMurray in Feb, didn't get my chicks until the last Sunday in April. Wished I had gotten them sooner. I don't think it's about their bottom line, I really don't. I think that most hatcheries are there to help the customer... that's a part of their business.

Some chicks are shipped year round up here in Canada and when chicks have issues we usually find out it was the postal system being stupid and leaving the shipment on their loading dock for hours or outside waiting to be loaded on a plane etc... boxed chicks radiate an amazing amount of heat and if the postal system lives up to its end of the shipping responsibility all goes well.

I have an order due to ship on the 11th also and I hope they show up ok. I know if any die along the way they will be replaced. I just hope we don't get one of those cold snaps next weekend. The weather was great here this week but they didn't have the BO's I wanted this week so I have them comming next week.

Jayare

Quote:
Oh dear, I know you are worried.
sad.png
I will cross my fingers for those babies.
fl.gif
They could be alright. Stranger things have happened.

well its 5 in the morning, again i a woke super early w/no alarm set. called post office and still nothing but i did call a little too early. they said they had 2 trucks coming in this morning.
my wife says, " you can wake up for some chicks, but when the baby gets up at night i am sound asleep"...........whoops, blew my cover.

Back
Top Bottom