Chicks dont wanna go to bed?

Mine, too. The first night they were in the run after “curfew,” I was out every 10 minutes trying to bribe them to come in. The second, I successfully drew them all in and quickly locked the pop door. After that they were on to me.

Last few nights, I go about my business and as darkness falls, they are inside hoping for a treat! Actually, they are roosting but they get a few grains of scratch!

My temperature is about the same. Do you have water in the coop? Does your ventilation give light in the coop or are they going into pitch dark? We get dark about 930 here. I put them in around 7 I noticed that they eat and drink for about an hour after going in then go to there roost spots.

I agree about checking out the coop first. I sympathize about 10 pm sunsets. If you don’t find anything amiss in the coop I would suggest giving them food earlier before you lock them up, 7:45 or so. This would be a good time to give them something really yummy like scrambled eggs. Once they fill their crops they will probably settle. Good luck!

Fed them about a hour before putting them to bed tonight, and its slightly cooler and there was no fight... either the not so hot or the full bellies earlier seemed to do something.

Back
Top Bottom