Chicks door auto shut cheap?

I have a run chicken door that I have been using for about a year and a helf and have had to problems with it. You can also set the timer with your phone on their app if you need it to open or close at a different time than the factory setting which is 20 minutes after dusk and 20 minutes after sun set. As far as it smashing chickens goes if something is in the way of the door it stops closing and re-opens.
Looking. What brand do you have and what is the most extreme weather it which you have it operating?

Looking. What brand do you have and what is the most extreme weather it which you have it operating?
It's called Run Chicken, you can buy it off of Amazon but it's cheaper on their website. I live in Texas, but we do get into the negatives with snow (just depends how bipolar the weather is that year) the only time I had issues with it opening is when we had rain that turned into freezing rain then ice, I had to give it an upward nudge to get it going but it was fine after that.

I do make doors that most people can make themselves but I only do it here locally. I have a youtube channel but I only post small videos to demo individual sections/parts of the doors, like the controller or safety feature.

You say you have ten coops, how far apart are they?
Aww that’s such a shame I’ll have to learn lol
I have chicken tractors 1 at home and 2 mini ones for chooks
Then 3 at 1 field and 3 at the other field But will be adding 2 more for my males that get naughty lol

There all normally a meter apart though I stagger them down rows too

Was trying to figure out how the safety works or what controls that they seem one that gets blocked and then. Goes up and down again and another that will stop till clear but all must be in their design motherboards PCB

I like the look of the threaded bar they seem safe from predators

My main quarrel is though instead of sunlight setting I’d like to open it at set times cause In winter I keep them inside till 8am but sun rises on my field at 6 and I don’t want them running around at 6 crowing lol

Night time I could set time to shut after dark if setting night closing with a open timer is problem

I’m watching soma y videos diy but non seem to have safety features

Here are two short videos of the Safety Pressure Switch Setup that I came up with that can be added to almost any motorized auto door system. It really is not hard to do it just looks that way due to all the wires.

Use a two channel timer. The First video has a 2 Channel timer setup in the background.

I'm pretty happy with the T50 door. I use the advance features to program the door using my smartphone. It works by sending a series of coded light flashes to the solar sensor after you put the door into configuration mode.
If I understand you correctly, you program the door and it is not dependant on the internet or wifi? That sounds good.

So found these really cheap but saw in a book once about a coop door killing chickens in the doorway

Is this one of them ? Or wil it work I don’t want to buy expensive ones as I have 10coops to open on an allotment I don’t really want to spend 600 quid on em but 180 on alibaba seems doable
Click hereREALw_wcB
I was looking at these automatic doors recently as I’d really like one too, I stumbled across this one on eBay and noticed it was a really low price so was going to buy it, all of the reviews said that it either didn’t work or broke after a few weeks. There were a few positive reviews but the majority were negative. So I’d probably avoid that one 😕

So found these really cheap but saw in a book once about a coop door killing chickens in the doorway

Is this one of them ? Or wil it work I don’t want to buy expensive ones as I have 10coops to open on an allotment I don’t really want to spend 600 quid on em but 180 on alibaba seems doable
Click hereREALw_wcB
I ordered and put in my coop 2 months ago the Ortis Automatic Coop Door that I got on Amazon for a hundred dollars. I love it and have not had any issues. It has a sensor on it so that it can not fall on the chickens.

Beware of the imposters/copy cats/imitators/"counterfeit" of the Chicken Run brand door. The original door is made of metal, while the "counterfeit" ones are made of plastic and smaller motors. This info is presented from all the reviews I have read on these doors. I can honestly says that I have, at least, read several hundred reviews. The Chicken Run and Ador doors are two of few commercially produced doors that I actually like. So, I take the time to read on them.

Disclaimer: I always advocate for making your own door with a linear actuator. You can add a safety feature at time of install or later. So I may never buy a commercially produced door. But I do see why other may want/need to. That's why put some effort into researching those doors.

The doors that have copied the Chicken Run brand, most, seem to think that the logo is a bad effort in making a silhouette of a chicken, so they "correct" that. In doing that they give themselves away since it is NOT a silhouette of a chicken, it is the depiction of the creators Country of origin. Slovenia. So, again, beware of the imitators. They are cheaper versions.

Original:
View attachment 3276130 View attachment 3276134

Copies:

View attachment 3276132
Hey get back in this post lol
I diy make everything lol like if the mrs says hey got a new table I want in the shop or hair straighteners I’m like …”can I make it” lol I’ve no idea why I didn’t on this I thaught it would end arduino etc loads of Tekky specs ?

I’m all ears are you implying you make them if so do you have a YouTube or any pics lol I’m interested in this lol

Back
Top Bottom