Chicks Fighting

centrarchid

Crossing the Road
Sep 19, 2009
Holts Summit, Missouri
Breed not always the cause. With not game breeds, it can be set off by overly tight confinement and / or nutrition or the physiological changes associated with weaning. With may games I stock a more mature male which could even be a mature cock on top of them.

MrFluffyandGirls

Songster
Dec 30, 2018
SC, Low Country
I had 5 silkie chicks together and the two that started fighting like yours turned out to be roosters. I kept them separate and every time they got together feathers would fly. One day I was tired of seeing the one rooster have to live in solitude and feed him separate so I let him out, walked away and let them do their thing. When I came back the next day it was sorted and one was the dominate roo and the other one showed him respect so I assume he got his butt whipped. They ended up living together in a run away from hens with no more problems.

FluffySilkie

In the Brooder
Sep 11, 2020
I had 5 silkie chicks together and the two that started fighting like yours turned out to be roosters. I kept them separate and every time they got together feathers would fly. One day I was tired of seeing the one rooster have to live in solitude and feed him separate so I let him out, walked away and let them do their thing. When I came back the next day it was sorted and one was the dominate roo and the other one showed him respect so I assume he got his butt whipped. They ended up living together in a run away from hens with no more problems.
Ok! Yeah we thought the 2 fighting were Roos but this almost confirms our suspicions. But we will definitely separate them!

Top Bottom