Chicks Fighting

Breed not always the cause. With not game breeds, it can be set off by overly tight confinement and / or nutrition or the physiological changes associated with weaning. With may games I stock a more mature male which could even be a mature cock on top of them.

I had 5 silkie chicks together and the two that started fighting like yours turned out to be roosters. I kept them separate and every time they got together feathers would fly. One day I was tired of seeing the one rooster have to live in solitude and feed him separate so I let him out, walked away and let them do their thing. When I came back the next day it was sorted and one was the dominate roo and the other one showed him respect so I assume he got his butt whipped. They ended up living together in a run away from hens with no more problems.

I had 5 silkie chicks together and the two that started fighting like yours turned out to be roosters. I kept them separate and every time they got together feathers would fly. One day I was tired of seeing the one rooster have to live in solitude and feed him separate so I let him out, walked away and let them do their thing. When I came back the next day it was sorted and one was the dominate roo and the other one showed him respect so I assume he got his butt whipped. They ended up living together in a run away from hens with no more problems.
Ok! Yeah we thought the 2 fighting were Roos but this almost confirms our suspicions. But we will definitely separate them!

The black ones are fighting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    601.2 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom