Chicks first adventure outside ***PICS***

perfectly_polish

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 1, 2007
CT
The chicks and the broody hen went outside today, for the first time. And man did they love it. The older 2 week olds were loving the sun, and the 1 day old kinda stuck by mom. They had a blast scratching at the ground and finding bugs, when they came in they're crops were about to burst, they were so full
lau.gif
Well here are a few pictures from today..

chicksadventureoutside005.jpg

chicksadventureoutside007.jpg

chicksadventureoutside010.jpg

chicksadventureoutside015.jpg

chicksadventureoutside017.jpg

chicksadventureoutside021.jpg

chicksadventureoutside022.jpg

chicksadventureoutside023.jpg

chicksadventureoutside024.jpg

chicksadventureoutside026.jpg

chicksadventureoutside027.jpg

chicksadventureoutside028.jpg

chicksadventureoutside030.jpg

chicksadventureoutside031.jpg

chicksadventureoutside032.jpg

chicksadventureoutside033.jpg

chicksadventureoutside035.jpg

chicksadventureoutside036.jpg

chicksadventureoutside037.jpg

chicksadventureoutside041.jpg

chicksadventureoutside045.jpg

chicksadventureoutside050.jpg

chicksadventureoutside057.jpg

chicksadventureoutside058.jpg

chicksadventureoutside060.jpg

chicksadventureoutside061.jpg

chicksadventureoutside068.jpg

chicksadventureoutside069.jpg

chicksadventureoutside079.jpg

chicksadventureoutside080.jpg

chicksadventureoutside085.jpg

chicksadventureoutside087.jpg

chicksadventureoutside089.jpg

chicksadventureoutside090.jpg

chicksadventureoutside093.jpg

chicksadventureoutside097.jpg

How sweet!
love.gif
I LOVE the way your dog is just kicked back and being such a protector. What kind of do is it? This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a flock protecting dog! My dachshund is to scared of the chickens let alone be a protector! Great photos!
clap.gif

Great Pics! I really enjoyed those. My biddies I bought in March got their first taste of the big pen and girls today. No real bigs fights. All is well.
cool.png

The dog with them is Aussie my Australian Cattle Dog or Blue Heeler. She is fantastic with the older birds and the chicks. She stays outside at night to protect the coop from coyotes, and when she's in with the chicks she has to go to everyone and smell them to make sure they're all there. And if one gets out she herds them right back to the pen. She is 4 1/2 years old and has been raised around chickens her whole life. I never really trained her, I guess it just came naturally, but she will protect those birds with her life.

Last edited:
So cute! I love the dog pic. Enter some of these in the Random chicken Pics Contest. I'm the manager so I'm tryin to get more entries. I can't wait to have some of those sweet chicks running around at my house!

Back
Top Bottom