chicks first trip outside

I have 3 week olds from MM and my free exotic chick (who is the favorite of all the kids and very sweet) looks EXACTLY like the one in the center of your first and last pictures (yellow baby becoming black and white pattern on new feathers).
She looked nothing like the EE's they sent (they were a chocolate brown) and everyone online was guessing she might be a buttercup. I can't wait to figure it out. She definately has willow green legs now.
Anyways, I was wondering if you know what kind of bird yours is? (Would give me an idea on mine
tongue.png
)

Hey, I just noticed you got yours from MM on the same hatch date as mine were from. We might have some siblings
wink.png

Last edited:
Your chicks are ADORABLE!! I also used a dog crate for their early adventures outside and attached poultry netting to the outside.......after I chased them down after escaping.

Thanks for sharing;)

Headhen - that's funny, about the same hatch date!! The yellow/black chipmunky one is def. an araucana - just by the process of elimination. The other ones look like the "baby" photos on MM hatchery website, so that's how I've IDed them. 5 of each makes it easier, too. I didn't get the exotic freebie - I think b/c I didn't want to risk getting a boy instead of a girl.

Thier really cutie. I just put mine out over the weekend. The first thing they did was a dust bath, LOL
What breed is the black and cream color ones. I got one in an auction that looks just like yours and have no ideal what it is, I do know it's a roo.

Thank you! They are my first chickens, so I'm glad people think they look happy and healthy - I must be doing something right! That's encouraging!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom