Chicks from TSC *pics* Found out what they are!

SunAngel

Songster
11 Years
May 20, 2008
Chambersburg, Pa.
I have been waiting for TSC to get chicks in and today was the day. Only, I am mildly disappointed.

They set up their chick area days ago and hung signs for what they were getting....ducks, assorted Bantams, assorted Pullets and RIRs. I heard peeping as soon as I entered and tried hard not to look like I was hurrying back there lol.

What I found was 2 bins stuffed full of Red Sex Link pullets (looked like more than 100 in each) and an unmarked bin with probably 100 yellow chicks in it. I chose 5 RSLs and asked the manager what breed the yellow ones were. He had no clue and called another guy to come talk to me. That guy didn't know either and went back to get the box label. The label only said assorted Pullets. I chose 5 of the yellow ones and now I am just hoping they are not meat chicks. They all seem to be various shades of yellow and yellowish white.

Here are my new babies...

10683_screenhunter_02_apr_08_1017.gif

10683_screenhunter_01_apr_08_1016.gif

Red Sex Links?
10683_screenhunter_05_apr_08_1018.gif

10683_screenhunter_04_apr_08_1017.gif

10683_screenhunter_03_apr_08_1017.gif

*UPDATE* After doing some rechecking with TSC and checking out the internet, I found out that the yellow chicks I bought are called....*AMBERLINKs*

It is a brown egg layer, mainly white- with some brown feathers. After having been away from the US market for several years, she is back by popular demand! She is the bird of choice for alternative production methods. She is very adaptive to non-cage operations with her excellent livability, her beautiful full brown egg color and ability to keep her feathers well throughout the lay."

TSC also got Bantams in today and I hurried down there and snagged 10. Not much of a clue as to what I got, but thats ok lol.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
They all have little white wing feathers coming in and are a shade or two more yellow than my BO chicks. I will be happy with whatever they are, as long as its not a fast growing meat chicken. I have no desire to eat them in 6-8 weeks.

I was there today too. The pullet pen was so full, and the feeder was just about empty, so the poor little things were inside the feeder trying to get food. I had a fit, so the guy put more food in there, but there are way to many chicks for a single feeder. I also complained about the waterer in one of the straight run bins, but they refused to do anything about that. And so many of those poor little babies had pasty butt galore, hope the people who buy them know enough to clean their little butts!

I just went TSC and they had only Ideal 236 pullets everything else was straight run and assorted. They had several dead chicks and some dying as I was there. So sad!!!!!!! I did buy 8 RIR and 4- 236 pullets.

i went to tsc yesterday and got chicks identical to that. they told me they were cornish rocks. if they do turn out to be meat birds, you cab always keep them on a diet. i have had success with this

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom