Chicks full of problems.

Patiocoturnix

🦠
Premium Feather Member
Jun 15, 2023
West central Florida
So the first pic is my cross beak who no longer has a cross beak but now has a swollen eye.
The second pic is my chick whose feathers seem to be growing in backwards.
These are meat birds but I just want to know if I should try to treat this leave it be till butchering or just cull them to be humane.
They hatched august 20 so they are a week old.
The blue line in the first ones leg is to mark that it is a celadon to keep it till we figure out the sex.

Attachments

• IMG_3331.jpeg
    IMG_3331.jpeg
    301.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    351.5 KB · Views: 22
So the first pic is my cross beak who no longer has a cross beak but now has a swollen eye.
The second pic is my chick whose feathers seem to be growing in backwards.
These are meat birds but I just want to know if I should try to treat this leave it be till butchering or just cull them to be humane.
They hatched august 20 so they are a week old.
The blue line in the first ones leg is to mark that it is a celadon to keep it till we figure out the sex.
Also neither seem to be bothered by the problems.

I would keep an eye on them and see how they develop. Since they're meat birds and don't seem to be suffering, I would wait and see before making any decisions. I would suspect malnutrition on the feathers, but I seem to remember that you are feeding them a proper game bird starter. That means that it could be genetic.

I would keep an eye on them and see how they develop. Since they're meat birds and don't seem to be suffering, I would wait and see before making any decisions. I would suspect malnutrition on the feathers, but I seem to remember that you are feeding them a proper game bird starter. That means that it could be genetic.
Yep I feed them purina game bird starter with 30% protein it could be genetic I’ll keep an eye on them thank you for the quick response.

Yep I feed them purina game bird starter with 30% protein it could be genetic I’ll keep an eye on them thank you for the quick response.
Also these are the only 2 out of 24 showing problems. I know the one with the eye was the first to hatch early day 16 I know there was one more early Hatcher could that be the problem?

Back
Top Bottom