chicks in shipping-- tell me not to panic

So when they are miscolored, how do you tell the males from females?
Pullets are more evenly colored, and will have salmon coloring on their heads. Cockerels are more messy color-wise and will have silver heads/necks. They will also have more comb size/color by 4-6 weeks of age. Best way I can describe it.

Pullets are more evenly colored, and will have salmon coloring on their heads. Cockerels are more messy color-wise and will have silver heads/necks. They will also have more comb size/color by 4-6 weeks of age. Best way I can describe it.
Thanks. The two larger/darker ones are now doing a lot of challenging/chest bumping. I really think they may be boys. On the other hand the fact that they are up to doing this means they are feeling a lot better.

Help -- it is the 3rd day of the antibiotic and most of the chickens seem to be improving. All of them are eating voraciously and are growing. Most are less hunched over. However, one is sneezing -- now almost constantly. Should I separate him/her from the others? I am afraid that one has another infection in addition to the coccidiosis -- one that is not curable with the sulfa drug. They all sneeze occasionally but in this one it is constant. Thanks!!

Help -- it is the 3rd day of the antibiotic and most of the chickens seem to be improving. All of them are eating voraciously and are growing. Most are less hunched over. However, one is sneezing -- now almost constantly. Should I separate him/her from the others? I am afraid that one has another infection in addition to the coccidiosis -- one that is not curable with the sulfa drug. They all sneeze occasionally but in this one it is constant. Thanks!!
You might want to get a swab test, hopefully it is not MG Mycoplasma Gallisepticum.

I would not separate the chick as they will have it all anyway.

Back
Top Bottom