Chicks need a reliable home

Jan 9, 2020
Hello, I am hatching chicks for a school project and I need to secure homes for them ASAP! My grandmother lives on a farm and yet I am faced with the issue that I don't know where to take them all and I don't want to just put them out in the cold or put them down. Please respond. Ten baby chicks need homes. 3$ each would be nice but we will take whatever you can give. The funds would be going back into our science program to fund future projects and ideas. We will be able to provide any extra food or bedding needed. They are mixed breeds and genders.

Respond with any future questions or requests, Sincerely Student from Merrill Middle, Oshkosh Wisconsin 54901.

Hello, I am hatching chicks for a school project and I need to secure homes for them ASAP! My grandmother lives on a farm and yet I am faced with the issue that I don't know where to take them all and I don't want to just put them out in the cold or put them down. Please respond. Ten baby chicks need homes. 3$ each would be nice but we will take whatever you can give. The funds would be going back into our science program to fund future projects and ideas. We will be able to provide any extra food or bedding needed. They are mixed breeds and genders.

Respond with any future questions or requests, Sincerely Student from Merrill Middle, Oshkosh Wisconsin 54901.
Since you are trying to look for homes for chicks, may I suggest that your school doesn't do this project again?
Rehoming chicks can be very difficult - especially roosters. Many end up dead or used as dog bait.
Thank you.

Part of your project should have included a plan for these helpless little creatures you are now responsible for.

Well since it's been made pretty clear that it was a badly planned idea, how about we offer a little assistance since everybody makes mistakes.

@Chicks4saleOshkoshWis you might want to check out the Wisconsin thread to connect with people locally to you. That can be found here... Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

If it gets to the point that you give then away, there is also a section for free rehoming, and can be found here...
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/animals-in-need-of-free-re-homing.16182/

Other resources would be craigslist or mewe.

Getting rid of chicks is not that hard, but I would suggest next time you try a project like this that you have it planned out a little bit better.

I am a retired teacher/ principal and I would not have considered this "project" without a solid plan for those chicks before purchase. They are living things and deserve more
I am a retired teacher/ principal and I would not have considered this "project" without a solid plan for those chicks before purchase. They are living things and deserve more respect IMO.
Shame on the teacher for not addressing this.

Back
Top Bottom