chicks poop orange

barksy

Chirping
Dec 10, 2015
We have 14-6 week old chicks. I noticed a week ago some orangish/reddish colour in one dropping. It was just the one time so I kept and eye out. Now today I have found more. It's definitely from more then one chick. They are acting perfectly normal running around enjoying life. I have Corid I just don't want to treat unless needed.
They have been going outside, I clean their water daily, it has a small amount of acv in it, we feed them untreated organic feed.
Advice please.
I've had chicks before just never noticed this.

Thanks in advance
IMG_6895.JPG
IMG_6896.JPG
IMG_6900.JPG
IMG_6896.JPG
IMG_6903.JPG

I think it's fine it's just something in their diet that changed there color of poop just like sometimes ours turns green.( don't say you've never had green poop I know you have)

I think it's fine it's just something in their diet that changed there color of poop just like sometimes ours turns green.( don't say you've never had green poop I know you have)
Thank you!
Yes I've had green poop, that's for sure. We have hens and rooster, older chicks and young chicks.
THe only ones that have the orangy pink poop aren't the older chicks. That's why I though that it was weird.

Sorry minus the typo's. The only ones with the orangy pink poop are the older chicks.

Thank you,
Would you recommend to treat with corid just incase?
Or should I just keep an eye out?

Update, it's been almost 3 days and no more coloured poop and all birds are doing well. I will still keep and eye out. Thanks all

Back
Top Bottom