Chickyboys flock! Please feel free to join!

Pics
I just saw the hawk (saying "the", assuming it was the one that got Mama) on the wooden garden post. I couldn't get a pic of it though. Does anyone know ways to keep away hawks?
I think fake owls and scarecrows are my best shot.

I just saw the hawk (saying "the", assuming it was the one that got Mama) on the wooden garden post. I couldn't get a pic of it though. Does anyone know ways to keep away hawks?
I think fake owls and scarecrows are my best shot.
That has happened to me a lot of times. Before we moved into the house we’re in right now, we lived in another house (obviously). Well, one day, this hawk kept coming. Every day nearly, and would just stare at the chickens, or the rabbits, for about 15 minutes, and then he/she would leave.

After a few weeks of doing that, he/she brought a partner. Now, there were 2 hawks staring at our flock. But they never did any harm, and they never tried to attack the flock or anything like that.

What we did to scare them off, was :
1: We tried shooting one, and that scared him off for about a week or two.

The weird thing, is that they stopped coming by themselves, maybe it really spooked them when we tried to shoot them
Overall, I think fake owl will work Great, just depends if the hawk can see it.

That has happened to me a lot of times. Before we moved into the house we’re in right now, we lived in another house (obviously). Well, one day, this hawk kept coming. Every day nearly, and would just stare at the chickens, or the rabbits, for about 15 minutes, and then he/she would leave.

After a few weeks of doing that, he/she brought a partner. Now, there were 2 hawks staring at our flock. But they never did any harm, and they never tried to attack the flock or anything like that.

What we did to scare them off, was :
1: We tried shooting one, and that scared him off for about a week or two.

The weird thing, is that they stopped coming by themselves, maybe it really spooked them when we tried to shoot them
Overall, I think fake owl will work Great, just depends if the hawk can see it.
I live in the city, so I can't shoot. I will put the owl where Mama got killed and try to get a pic. The "hawk" could be a falcon, I'm not an expert on that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom