Children Vaccines and Autism

Quote:
What about the perfumes we put on in lotions, creams, powders, soaps, body washes.... what about the fumes we inhale as we walk down the street, the medications mothers take int eh days, weeks, decades prior to conception of the autistic child, the zinc in deodorant, the increased use of electronic devices, etc? We put so much into our bodies that telling the effect of vaccines vs other environmental contaminants is pretty much impossible. Now, there are rare cases of severe reactions to vaccines, especially in those with a previously undiagnosed allergy to something in the vaccines, but the emphasis is on the word RARE.

Once you see people dying of preventable disease, it becomes hard to justify refusing all vaccinations.

Quote:
That's the way I look at it too. I've got five kids, three girls and two boys. Both of my boys are autistic. The oldest (25) has mild "Functional Autism" the youngest (12) has aspergers syndrome which the doctors told me is a form of Autism. All my kids were vacinated, not sure if it had anything to do with the Autism or not. Both are special needs kids and have or have had to go to special schools and classes. I love them, they are alive and doing fine and I don't have to worry about any of the stuff they were vacinated against. And I believe they will both turn out to be fine young men who will be able to live a decent life. I try not worry about what might have been, I just cherish the wonderful children I have been blessed with.

Last edited:
Quote:
I am sorry, show me studies that prove that vaccines are good for four years at the maximum. I have had titers pulled on dogs that disprove that.

You post links to sites... well, I can put up a website that states that chickens fed only organic corn grown in my backyard lay solid gold eggs, but it doesn't make it true.

Peer reviewed evidence-based publications. They mean something.

The CDC admits on THEIR site, that vaccine effectivness wears off in time.
I guess I won't post the link though ;o)

It would be unfortunate if parental choice in how and when vaccines are given is taken away. One should always have choice when submitting to a procedure that can cause injury and death. As long as parents are willing to pay out of pocket for a vaccine then they should be able to get monovalents. I think choice will result in a higher vaccination rate.

Ofcourse with the number of vaccines mandated for school it is *easier* to combine them. It also makes it easier to ensure compliance with what is mandated.The whole reason the hepB vaccine was given to babies(a captive audience) was becasue the initial target groups did not get the vaccine.Rubella was for pre-teen girls,but then mandated for boys(like the HPV).When I first starting researching vaccines they were working on a birth vaccine that contained ALL the vaccines in one shot.The vaccine would be given at birth,and somehow the vaccines would *release* over time. I have not checked the progress on that one.

Many countries do not have mandated vaccines or have a vaccine injury fund,and yet the vaccine rates are still high.No need to force people.

I have heard the herd immunity argument and feel that if you vaccinate you simply need to run titers and revaccinate if they are low.Never want to depend on your neighbors protection.Many just revaccinate on a generic schedule,but I would want to know how my child is reacting before I gave more.No sense risking a vaccine if it is not even causing an effective immune response.

I also feel parents should have an easier time with the compensation program.Bad enough if your child is injured or killed,but the way parents are treated when filing for compensation is shameful.And who came up with the amount for a vaccine caused death? I have read some court cases and it is VERY hard to prove injury or death.Maybe people would comply more if they were not shunned when an injury or death does occur. Many of the injuires listed in the vaccine insert adverse reaction sections are not even something you can treat unless you call symptom control treatment.

On a side note my mom developed diptheria in her 20's(in Europe) and yes she was vaccinated as a child.From that experience I realize that you should know the diseases whether you vaccinate or not,because you might get it anyway.

To the OP I forgot to mention that besides giving one vaccine at a time parents would often give various alternative treatments(herbal and whatever) to prep the body before and after.Some did titers to check immune response after a vaccination.All kept excellent records because the kids will need them in the future to avoid unnecessary vaccinations.The book Samrt Medicine for a Healthier Child by Janet Zand et al has a section on giving vaccines.It might be helpful.

I hope you can work through all the muck and come to a decision that you are comfortable with.It is interesting to see what others choose,but in the end you will have your reasons for doing what you do-and it will be right for your family.Best wishes!

We have a first cuzen that reacted to vaccines. She was fine play full and happy.... after her shots not so much. Now all she dose is sit in a wheel chair and drool. its so sad. I got all my shots up to 4yrs, then my baby sis was born. They gave my mom a papper to sigh saying if any thing gose wrong after the vaccines then my mom cant sew if she sighns it. So my mom thought, if these shots are so safe then y would i have to sign a papper? So after that she stoped vaccinesing her kids. we are all happy healthy kids, just like the ones who do get there shots. I think its all up to the parent, but please please do your reseaserch. Some shots that they give to babys are the same dos that they give to 200lb men.
Its all up to the parent.

Chicken Girl

I do not believe that vaccines lead to autism. My cousin has 4 children, 3 of them are autistic.
One is severly so and one is scientific savaunt.

I believe, in time they will find that the cause of autism isn't vaccinations but most likely processed food.

In some autistic children the removal of processed foods, primarily glutens have resulted in huge behavioral changes.

Hate to see kids not getting vaccines.
I think that autism is genetic... Look back in you family lines. I think you'll see it in some form.

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually, had we as a society never started washing our hands, polio would have never become as bad as it did before the vaccine was invented.

No, instead we'd be dying of childbirth fever, dysentery and cholera. Much better!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom