China's going nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you're happy, I'm happy

pwp3jo2mbwhof5e29ac0d1727f.jpg
I doubt that but ok. I do see both sides of it and I understand your feelings even if I disagree. The people in China are not treated well and I imagine much of the US population would feel the same way if we were locked down. The stress of losing family, the fear of going out when it's absolutely necessary, the bs governmental propaganda. I'm not surprised to see people losing their stuff.

China's shutting down the internet in Wuhan. I guess they don't like the world seeing all of the citizen videos that make them look bad.

Mass protest against coronavirus quarantine zone in Ukraine. If you've ever been appalled at the history of ignorant crowds during the Middle Ages accusing "witches" of causing plagues and burning them at the stake, how do you feel now witnessing the same kind of irrational hysteria? Would you be in a similar crowd?

Mass protest against coronavirus quarantine zone in Ukraine. If you've ever been appalled at the history of ignorant crowds during the Middle Ages accusing "witches" of causing plagues and burning them at the stake, how do you feel now witnessing the same kind of irrational hysteria? Would you be in a similar crowd?

Mass hysteria over imagined shenanigans based on religious beliefs and lack of scientific knowledge vs a real life threat? That's not a comparison.

Mass hysteria over imagined shenanigans based on religious beliefs and lack of scientific knowledge vs a real life threat? That's not a comparison.

It's the same irrational fear. The Ukrainians returning from Wuhan are going to be quarantined until it's determined it's safe to release them into the public. It just shows how some people lose their humanity when confronted with a fear they don't know how to control. Those people who are released from quarantine will probably face stigmatization and shunning when they are released, because, well, some people are just ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom