Chinese Blue Breasted Quail (Button Quail) Color Varieties

Yes! Congrats on your hatch! We love seeing pictures!! Hint! Hint!
wink.png

Quaillady...
I have about 26 right now ... and am clueless on colors! :gig when do you have a day? LOL! Really... I'm going to work on pictures in the next few days. lol...

The 8 of yours from a few weeks back and 8 of Shelley, and my 13 from last week or so. :) I'm wondering if I might have some of the tri color we talked about.

Hi Andrea,
The only way I know of to post pics is to upload them to a free hosting site, I use Photobucket, then copy and paste the img. code right here into the text box.

I hope that helps!

Critter, I am having the most difficult time accessing BYC. If you tag me in your photos on facebook I can help you on IDs. I am still trying to get used to the new BYC.

Sure thing Quaillady!
I'm sorry your having trouble getting into here.

To be honest, I hate the new set up and haven't looked in much. :(

So I'll see what I can do with FB.. Maybe I'll make an album. I have a few I think may be Tri color like we talked but not sure. Blue up both sides of chest, rust in the center. All sorts of colors on one bird! LOL!

It's gonna kill me to have to sell any of these, so I may scream for more eggs to make pairs later. lol!

And the ones I hatched from my Ivory/Red breasted pair all look alike! LOL! Even my son commented the other day. All 12 look the same right now. ROFL!

i have a question ... how much do you sell your quail for? i hae two males that im looking to home .. one is the blue faced red breasted male and the other is a silver red breasted male...i will try to go get a picture ..

Last edited:
It's a regional thing but my pairs go from anywhere from 20-50 a pair depending on color variety. Extra males are $5-10, Females $15-20 depending on variety.

Thanks ... I'm ready for them to go .. They have started calling at all hours day & night lol
My breeding pair have some manners at least lol... So I guess I go post them for sale ;)

Back
Top Bottom