Chinese Goose egg laying quantity

Dabchick

In the Brooder
May 25, 2023
Hi all. I'm Dabchick, I am new here and have a question about my Chinese goose. Can anyone shed any light on this matter?? My internet searches have not helped. She started laying eggs mid February at 8 months. She began with one a day, then early May started layng 2 eggs every day. We now have over 100 eggs and she shows no sign of slowing down. Everything I have read says she should lay between 40 to 80 and up to 100 in exceptional cases. Our geese graze grass in the day and have pellet food for adult geese in their feeder at night. The geese appear to be both active and in good health. But surely this cannot be good for her? And we are only half way through the layng season. Poor love.

That is alot of eggs. most geese once they begin laying only lay every other day, I am not that familiar with Chinese geese though. But I will say my Toulouse laid so many eggs her first 3 yrs she never laid again after. She is now 11. She never laid that many in one season though more like 40. :welcome

Hi Goosebaby. No, just one goose and one gander. I thought perhaps my gander may actually be a goose too but there is no evidence. He looks and acts like a male and is huge.
Hi Miss Lydia. That is very interesting about eggs in the first 3 years then none. I'll continue to observe and see what happens. As long as my geese are happy and healthy then so am I. Thanks for the replies.

Back
Top Bottom