Chinese New Year Hatch/February 3 2011

Quote:
How long will a Silkie stay broody? How long does it take to hatch a golfball?
gig.gif

Seriously though, Silkies are usually SUPER broody. I'd say you'd be perfectly safe to leave her on fake eggs till you collect a batch or order in a setting for her. They are usually extremely hard to break so have fun with your broody.
big_smile.png

my banty x went clucky & she hatched 5 eggs & they are 2mths now & everytime you go near them she attacks. i dont think ill let her have more babies
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I do not know why but my humidity is falling..
I put water in and a few hours later it is at 50.
Have three pips .now I am worried about them.grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Dang, I always put a sponge in and forgo this time.depending on the water wells only.
Maybe I willl have a nice surprize later or in the morinig.............

my last egg finally pipped!!!

I sure hope the little chickie zips out soon. Been impatiently waiting to see em' and it has 7 playmates in the brooder waiting to welcome it into their tiny flock.

Holy cow. I came home today and there is only one egg that hasn't hatched. Which means in that pile of fluff in the bator, there is a silkie. One JUST hatched and is still wet so they need to stay for a bit.

4 pipped..humidity dropped to 50 again..................
Don't get it.wish one of them would hatch then I would not worry about humidity.

I have gone flat brain dead.cannot put together OO.........maybe it is OE
I know it is olive...........
I NEED SLEEP...................
idunno.gif

Quote:
clap.gif
wee.gif
I am happy for you as I know you were really wanting the silkies to hatch. Hope the other one hatches too!!
celebrate.gif

Well I just checked in there and 10 of 11 have hatched and no one has 5 toes. They sure are a cute bunch of what ever they are though!

Back
Top Bottom