Chip What breed is this?

StelleKitten

Songster
9 Years
Jun 27, 2012
Granbury, Tx
I tried this once before and got the answer brown leghorn. I have a brown leghorn and this guy is nothing like him. Stockier build, thicker (WAY) legs, wider stance. I keep calling it a he because it just seems like a boy. Even though it's comb isn't as developed as one of the other chicks from the same group of miscellaneous chicks. I've been feeding them purina chick starter. Nothing special.

04-16-2013Weighs 18 oz On the 5th of this month he weighed 9 ozs. Just no picture with it.

03-29-2013 Weighed 4 oz

03-22-2013 Weighed 2.5 oz

03-22-2013 Weighed 2.5 oz

This picture was taken 03-21-2013 Weighed 2.5 oz in this picture

Are red sex link really thick birds? I'm pretty sure they are built like the production reds. I had those just recently and he is much thicker in body and legs. That's the problem. I swear he looks like a colorful cornish x. In less than a month he has gone from 2 oz to over a pound. I have Easter Egger's, they are a month older than him and he is already their size. I had production reds and he outweighs them at this age. As far as red sex link, he isn't red colored. He is a golden color. No trace of red that I can see.

I don't know about Welsummer's, I will have to look up more on them to see if he fits their standards.

He's not a welsummer, they're colored same as a brown leghorn. Where did you get him and what did you order (if mail order?)
I'm not familiar with red broilers personally but I totally see what you're saying about the size and thick legs. Could that be an option?

Out of a bin marked assorted. No one really knew, the feed store guy guessed easter egger but I am fairly certain that isn't so. Lol. I'll look up red broiler. I didn't know they came in colors other than white.

Easter Eggers can look like anything, since they are a mix breed between an Ameracauna and whatever else is around. From the pics he looks to have the trademark beard, but that could just be different in person.

Back
Top Bottom