Chipmunk in run/coop ASKS

It might be more practical to try to find where the chipmunks are getting in from and close that gap, than trapping them. If you kill one, another one will break in, and so on... There seems to be an endless supply of chipmunks out there and they repopulate quickly!

I have a serious chipmunk problem in my garden, which I spent a lot of time and money on to try to wrap my garden all over in chicken wire (it's a large garden... it took a lot!). Only to realize the little f****** fit through the holes on chicken wire!!!!!!!!! I thought I'd just trap them and be done with it. After a massacre of a chipmunk or two per day for over a week, I gave up. Did not realize just how MANY of them lived in my yard! (or maybe they didn't, but they called all their friends and cousins). So, the point is, you may need to do this for a while until you run out of chipmunks, and I need to re-wrap my garden in dense HC (after I win the lottery to fund that).

Consensus seems to be find where it is getting in?
Yep. Especially since “it” is probably not an “it”, but “them”. They look identical, and don’t hang out in groups… so you don’t actually know that it’s a single chipmunk you’re seeing vs a whole bunch. I thought I had “a” chipmunk in my garden. Turns out I had a perpetually regenerating source of chipmunks that were just too much work to get rid of.

Yep. Especially since “it” is probably not an “it”, but “them”. They look identical, and don’t hang out in groups… so you don’t actually know that it’s a single chipmunk you’re seeing vs a whole bunch. I thought I had “a” chipmunk in my garden. Turns out I had a perpetually regenerating source of chipmunks that were just too much work to get rid of.
Oh thank you.

Back
Top Bottom