Chipmunk in run/coop ASKS

@Tonyroo excellent tips I will/am following up.

- I focus on my flock maybe an hour a day so having them lead me to entry point unlikely. I will pay more attention.
- will use rat trap in medium dog crate and FIND entry point(s).
- will research cayenne
- (sister arriving real soon to assist)

A Scurry is the official and seems an appropriate name for a group of chipmunks.

My lane is lined with a rock wall which is perfect for them. They certainly don't come in ones as I have seen multiple ones pass each other as they run around. My dog has given up trying to catch one, and my 10 Muscovy ducks don't seem to mind sharing their feeder.

As long as I am diligent about storing my feed, it is live and let live - mostly. I was pretty annoyed the last time I started my ride-on mower. Sounded more like a food processor. Found out the entire engine was stuffed with duck chow.

I've lost track of how many my dogs have caught, but they keep coming. Where I am now there are squiny's and they even have the guts to stand up to my hens.

I gave up and let the barn cat deal with them. I really don't care to be honest, I can't keep out the wild life free ranging, but I understand the frustration. They used to burrow into my brick walls.

Back
Top Bottom