Chipmunks eating from outside feeder

Cro-Magnon

Hatching
7 Years
May 30, 2012
Chipmunks are eating pounds of expensive feed placed inside the electrified poultry fence. They leap through the squares with the greatest of ease and fill their greedy cheeks and leave the same way. Any cheap solutions? :/

Can you set up a chipmunk feeder with cheaper food outside of the fence where they can see it? Thats what I do for squirrels insread of battling them I just buy cheap food for them and they eat that instead of my bird food.

Can you set up a chipmunk feeder with cheaper food outside of the fence where they can see it? Thats what I do for squirrels insread of battling them I just buy cheap food for them and they eat that instead of my bird food.
I agree. Another solution, assuming that they are really eating "pounds of expensive feed" might be to buy some cheap, small mesh plastic fencing and cover your fence with it.

You must have a lot of chipmunks. I like chipmunks.
smile.png

Right, that would be great, but the little blighters run in there and gobble, too.

I do the same for the chipmunks and squirrels. I got tired of them coming into the run area and eating the chickens food and sometimes going into the coop when the doors were open. So in a far corner in my yard, I put out sunflower seeds and sctrach for them. Now I rarely see them by the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom