Chirpfull Chick

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bunnyluv555, Jun 21, 2011.

1. bunnyluv555

bunnyluv555 New Egg

Jun 13, 2011
    My and my sister's bald neck turkin chick was born june 6th 2011. we had to bring her inside because her mother was not focusing on laying on the other eggs. when we brought her inside she was pretty quiet. About 4 or 5 days after we brought her in the house, she started chirping very loudly non-stop. We fed her every 30 minutes. we covered her to keep her warm. and we gave her water. after the 5th attempt to cover her she finally gave up and fell asleep. about an hour later she started chirping her ANNOYING CHIRP. she wouldn't be quiet. we told her to hush. we pet her gently on the head nothing worked! finally we realized that she just liked attention. so we made sure she had food and water and warmth and left her in the nicest temperatured room in the house. My sister and I went to our mom's room and got on the computer. We left her chirping. she was ok because all pets were outside and she was in the perfect temperature. we were in the room for about 5 hours. when i finally got hungry, i went to the kitchen to find a snack. though we were in the room for 5 HOURS the little peep kept going. CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP!!!!! I went to check on her and she had food water and it was STILL the perfect temperature. I picked her up , and she automatically shut up. So thats when i figured her out. Little Autumn ( thats her name ) doesn't like to be alone. She likes to be the center of attention. we still have autumn and she has a one day old little brother. His name is Olive. he was born june 21st 2011. Thats the story of the Chirpfull chick.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

a 12 year old with 5 dogs, 2 cats, 8 chickens, 2 sisters, 3 brothers and 8 fish( 3 fresh water and 5 salt water), 1 star fish, a million hermit crabs, A jillion snails, 2 crabs, and 1 stray cat that runs the neighborhood.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Chickens are very social creatures and like to be in a flock rather than kept by themselves. I'm glad she has the company of a brother now, but it might have been better to let her stay with her mother when she was first hatched. The constant chirping is a sign of distress - distress at being alone.

3. KaitlynChick55

KaitlynChick55 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 23, 2011
    Calumet, UP of MI
    When i let one of my hens hatch her eggs, only 1 out of 4 hatched, and i took the chick home, afraid that the other hens would attack the chick, because they can get a lil too curious. she would scream alot, and would only stop when someone picked her up. she stopped when my other eggs hatched a couple weeks later, she was just lonley. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by