Chirping but no pip, problem or not? **UDATE* I have 3 chick

Quote:
Don't worry about shrink wrapping just yet. I'm sure everything is progressing normally. Usually from the time you see rocking and hear peeping(if you listen really close with your ear up to the bator) it can take up to 24 hours for the pip. Then up to 25 hours to hatch. Once you see the egg "zipping" keep a close eye on the humidity.....that it doesn't drop. Once a chick is out the humidity will probably go up, possibly even higher than 70%, but don't worry, once the chick dries it'll go back down again. The time to worry about if the chick is stuck is when it's been more than 24 hours after the pip.

Well one has a crooked neck. I am working with him and he is doing better he can now stand up with his neck just about upright now so we will see

Hope all goes well with the rest of your hatch...sometimes I think I'm the only one who obsesses over the last few days!!! Locked mine down this morning....humidity between 65-69....nervous as all get out. Had 31 fertile eggs at day 15.......hoping!!!!!!! Keep running downstairs and staring at the eggs....how silly is that??? LOL!!
smile.png

Quote:
Well I worked with it off and on and now it can stand, walk, eat, drink, and bully the other 2 chicks. It is still a little crooked but it is definitely a fighter and wants to live, I am sooo glad I didn't cull it it is a loving cuddly little chick.

I know this thread hasn't been updated for a while, but I wanted to thank you all for posting on it. I'm hatching my first batch in a homemade incubator. I had some issues with temperature regulation and lost 9 out of 10 eggs. The one egg that's made it to day 20 has been wiggling for the last 3 days and chirping for the last 12 hours. I was starting to get worried, but reading your posts really helps calm my nerves! Temp is steady and humidity is at 68. Hoping it will hatch soon, this waiting game is the pits!

I to have read all the posts and got some great info . We're at day 20, two hatched today and one just pipped tonight. We started with 11 and lost 5 along the way. Two were not fertil, two got bacteria ring and one just quit about day 9. Candled at day 17 and the last 6 looked great, here's hopeing the other three make it to !

I know this thread hasn't been updated for a while, but I wanted to thank you all for posting on it. I'm hatching my first batch in a homemade incubator. I had some issues with temperature regulation and lost 9 out of 10 eggs. The one egg that's made it to day 20 has been wiggling for the last 3 days and chirping for the last 12 hours. I was starting to get worried, but reading your posts really helps calm my nerves! Temp is steady and humidity is at 68. Hoping it will hatch soon, this waiting game is the pits!

Thought I would give an update even though it's late. The egg I was waiting on pipped 1/7 and hatched on 1/8 (Day 23)!

Back
Top Bottom