Chirping inside shell... question

4hchknmama

Songster
10 Years
Jan 25, 2009
Monroe, WA
I have an active little egg. It is moving around a bit and I can hear chirping and a tapping noise even, but, the little peep hasnt pipped yet. Is there any concern that it will run out of air from the air cell? Should I chip a small hole into it to give it air? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

How long has it been?

I have a bator just starting to pip. Mine pipped to their aircells about 1:20 last night. The first one actually pipped the shell about 10am.

Matt

Edited because of BAD spelling

Last edited:
My small amount of experience has taught me to not mess with an incubator or mother nature. The more YOU try to to help, usually the more damage will occur. Trust your incubator's instructions and hope for the best to happen.

They are peeping to let mama know they are coming out. How long have they been trying? What day is it for hatching. Day 19, 20, ? If it takes too long you could try to make a little hole, but usually if they can't break out of their shell it is natures way of saying something is wrong. They are not strong enough to live if they can't break out. However, I have had some that pipped and were no able to break all the way out. I have had to help them. This was done after I let them try for 12-24hours. They need to try to do it themselves. It builds up their muscles for walking standing etc. This is such a hard time to wait and to know when to help and when not to. I have had to sit on my hands and leave the room, house, whatever so I don't interfere.
ep.gif
I get so eager to see them and I want to do it for them. They will come out when they are ready. Make sure the humidity is at the proper level. That has been my problem. I think the membrane was dried to their feathers once they pipped, making it too hard to get out. That is why I had to help them. Wishing you well.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Thank you for all of the information. I am only on day 21 today, so hopefully the little one will be able to make it out. Thanks for all the well wishes
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom