Chirping Stopped

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by peepinglaura, Mar 24, 2009.

1. peepinglaura

peepinglaura Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    Last chirp seemed to have been last night around midnight. The pip looks the same (small). Should I prepare myself for te worst now? First chirp was yesterday early afternoon.

Thanks,

Laura

2. birdlover

birdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Hi Laura,

I'd say go ahead and carefully, slowly chip away the air sac end. It doesn't sound good but here's hoping for the best. [​IMG] How many have hatched and how many to go?

3. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Hi Laura,

I'd say go ahead and carefully, slowly chip away the air sac end. It doesn't sound good but here's hoping for the best. [​IMG] How many have hatched and how many to go?

4. peepinglaura

Mar 9, 2009
    This is chick #1. It's a bantam egg and our own, collected from the yard. Others aren't due till tonight, but we thought this one might have had ahead start and be a bit early. I did, however, just hear a chirp, I *think* from this egg, so I guess I can let it do its thing a little longer! If we could pick just one egg to hatch, this would be it!

5. AHappychick

AHappychick Wanna-be Farmer

Dec 16, 2008
    westchester
    I would leave it be it lifting the bator is no good. I am sure it will hatch, these things take time. Good luck! I would not help it just yet.

6. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    How is the chick doing? Anymore pips?

7. peepinglaura

Mar 9, 2009
    Thanks for asking- he's out and he's lovely! No weakness at all- he's tearing up the place! [​IMG]

8. birdlover

Jan 11, 2007
    Northern Va.
    Yaaaaaayyyyy!!! So happy to hear that!! [​IMG] (Glad you didn't listen to my dumb advice!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by