CHIRPING

therunningflock

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2023
i’ve been incubating two eggs in this cheap “mini nine egg intelligent incubator” I didn’t expect it to actually work. The hatch date was Wednesday, September 27 which was yesterday and I didn’t see anything from the eggs, so I thought they failed. I wasn’t expecting anything anyway. but today I was going to take out the eggs and do something with them. One of them was completely dead, but I heard chirping from the other egg. I don’t know if I should help or let it sit where it is. I took out the incubator and don’t know if I’ve caused any harm any help would be needed and appreciated.

Leave the chirper in the incubator, this is normal, means it's internally pipped into the air cell. Get the humidity up to 60% or so in the machine, it should poke through the shell soon, (externally pip) and hatch in a couple of days.

Leave the chirper in the incubator, this is normal, means it's internally pipped into the air cell. Get the humidity up to 60% or so in the machine, it should poke through the shell soon, (externally pip) and hatch in a couple of days.
I completely forgot to mention that I’m new to raising in incubating eggs and what not so I don’t know how to increase the humidity because this is a very cheap incubator and I only got it to work because I watched some videos on YouTube about it. It’s all in Celsius, which is not my expertise. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I completely forgot to mention that I’m new to raising in incubating eggs and what not so I don’t know how to increase the humidity because this is a very cheap incubator and I only got it to work because I watched some videos on YouTube about it. It’s all in Celsius, which is not my expertise. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Make sure the floor of the machine has some sort of non skid material on it so it's not slippery. Rubber shelf liner cut as best you can will work, lay it down and put the egg on it. Get a piece of new kitchen sponge, dampen it, and put it in a small cup or tray filled with water, something you can put inside the machine. This will add more humidity for hatching.
If there are any manual vents on this machine, make sure they are open completely. Then shut the lid and don't open until the chick has hatched and dried off. If it externally pips and hasn't hatched after 24 hours, you can open the lid then too.

Make sure the floor of the machine has some sort of non skid material on it so it's not slippery. Rubber shelf liner cut as best you can will work, lay it down and put the egg on it. Get a piece of new kitchen sponge, dampen it, and put it in a small cup or tray filled with water, something you can put inside the machine. This will add more humidity for hatching.
If there are any manual vents on this machine, make sure they are open completely. Then shut the lid and don't open until the chick has hatched and dried off. If it externally pips and hasn't hatched after 24 hours, you can open the lid then too.
I appreciate the tips, and I’ve managed to do all of them. one question though is it OK if the egg is like not laying on its side but like standing because that’s how the incubator hold the eggs?

I appreciate the tips, and I’ve managed to do all of them. one question though is it OK if the egg is like not laying on its side but like standing because that’s how the incubator hold the eggs?
As long as the big end is up, it's ok not on its side. Make sure the egg turners are off.

Back
Top Bottom