Chocolate/Dun Orpington Project?

Cool to know more people in the area. My niece is a vet tech in Ava but Doc is retiring and didn't find a Vet to buy his practice so she may be taking a job in Ozark. She lives west of Ava. I've been through Mansfield several times. I'm north of Springfield, about 8 miles from Buffalo.
My color project for my Araucana's is a rooster that is half chocolate orpington and half ameraucana. I also have 4 chocolate hens of that same cross,

Here is one of those chocolate pullets, they are close to laying now.

Hey Smoothmule, very nice chocolate colored pullet you have there. I shop, go to dr, and go to church in Ava. I have been to Buffalo a time or two and I believe it was for chickens. lol Hwy 13 scares the crap out of me.
hide.gif
I hear there was another fatality on Hwy 13 this morning.

As with all good things, it takes time.  /img/smilies/wink.png  We're working on it along with several other projects, is all I can really share right now.  Thanks for checking in.

Any updates? Or was this project stopped? Those were very pretty colored and would love to see what they look like now and if they produced more.
Thanks

Hey Smoothmule, very nice chocolate colored pullet you have there.  I shop, go to dr, and go to church in Ava.  I have been to Buffalo a time or two and I believe it was for chickens. lol  Hwy 13 scares the crap out of me.  :oops:   I hear there was another fatality on Hwy 13 this morning.

Ozarkhen,
I'm slow at responding sometimes but I kind of thought I PM'd you.... if not then sorry.

I'm hoping to see something from this project too. My projects are coming along, hatching some and waiting to see how they're looking. Found a good source for dun in large fowl too so that will be fun in the Araucana pen as well as a couple of other projects. The main pen though are my blacks and they're looking great, they will be the foundation for my other projects.
My niece is a vet tech and lives in Ava so I get down there sometimes. You need to hollar at me sometime

Cathy

Back
Top Bottom