Chocolate?? Is it dangerous for chickens?

In general I think chocolate is considered poisonous to most animals. However, that said, I also believe that in small enough amounts it won't kill any animals. Chocolate is supposed to be deadly poisonous to cats -- even in tiny amounts -- but I have a cat who busted into a saran-wrapped brownie and nibbled off a fairly large corner, to no apparent ill effect. :mad:

Quote:
lmao@ BuffHooligans
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif
Buff!

DD was trying to feed Hazel some MM's...she'd never dream of sharing them with me.
sad.png
tongue.png
So I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to kill the birds if a MM does somehow get snuck past me.

Quote:
When I had Puff-n-Stuff she used to climb up me to steal part of any Crunch bar I was eating. She didn't like any other kind of chocolate, but would chew her way through a shopping bag to get to a Crunch bar. Neither the bag nor the chocolate did immedate harm, although she did die of cancer at the ripe old age of 16....

wegotchickens -- it was probably all that plastic she chewed through that gave her cancer.
lol.png
(Not laughing about the cancer, but all the plastic bags she probably worked her way through).

Back
Top Bottom