Chocolate/Mauve Ameraucana color project~ BeakHouse

EAT???????
hit.gif
Bet I know at least a couple people who'd pay shipping to even try hatching older eggs.....

Don't be snatching yourself bald with stress. Hope family are being sports HELPING and not just snivaling!

I'm eyeballing the last makings of yager-bombs in the fridge tempted as heck to have a WTH day.

Sorry I'm AWOL- this is the time I have to work unacceptable hours and ZERO sleep, so everything suffers...house, kids, homeschool, hubby, farm...everyone is dissatisfied and I'm doing the least possible to keep all the warm bodies depending on me alive, but that's about it...

I did candle yesterday and I have a couple of dozen I set REALLY old cooking away. That's good. I have 6 dozen more to set that I didn't have time to post or sell...but I don't know that I have room to set them.

*sigh* I'll be eating a bunch, I guess, as I won't ship if they aren't fresh.

NEED MORE HOURS IN A DAY!

I so would have bought some... Got any left?

I understand the whole busy busy!!'

18 Choc/Mauve Silkied AMs in lock down w hatchday Thursday!
Friday the Choc/Mauve hard feather AMs get pulled from the broody, get only candling and locked down due to hatch on Sunday.

BIG box of chocolates!
fl.gif

Some with nuts, some without (no creamy centers please)
sickbyc.gif

Seems a shame to have chocolate eggs for breakfast but at least they'll be tastey.
Didn't have that option when breeding and showing cats and dogs - REALLY frowned on! Well, in most circles anyway.

EAT???????
hit.gif
Bet I know at least a couple people who'd pay shipping to even try hatching older eggs.....

Don't be snatching yourself bald with stress. Hope family are being sports HELPING and not just snivaling!

I'm eyeballing the last makings of yager-bombs in the fridge tempted as heck to have a WTH day.
I should go through and look at what's under 10 days as of tomorrow to offer them for shipping costs. It's a LOT of eggs.

I'm about to shuffle the pairings up a bit again... I got a lot of mauves from the last big batch, and the next hatch is due in a few days (I think...but I don't really know because El Dingo Dong here forgot to label any of them, not marking the calendar, either...) and is the same pen mixes, so that's going to give me a good base of that color.

I'm trying to get the Silkied ratio settled out and hopefully I'll be able to also peel off those from this hatch that don't carry the gene.

I should go through and look at what's under 10 days as of tomorrow to offer them for shipping costs. It's a LOT of eggs.

I'm about to shuffle the pairings up a bit again... I got a lot of mauves from the last big batch, and the next hatch is due in a few days (I think...but I don't really know because El Dingo Dong here forgot to label any of them, not marking the calendar, either...) and is the same pen mixes, so that's going to give me a good base of that color.

I'm trying to get the Silkied ratio settled out and hopefully I'll be able to also peel off those from this hatch that don't carry the gene.
Between MsChickie and I we could pretty well handle what you wanted to do that way in one go, no fuss no muss - less what any other folks needed to bump up thier base of course. Not trying to be piggy but she and I are dead serious about this project.

Between MsChickie and I we could pretty well handle what you wanted to do that way in one go, no fuss no muss - less what any other folks needed to bump up thier base of course.   Not trying to be piggy but she and I are dead serious about this project.

Absofreakinglutley!!! If I could come pick them up.... But... Yeah, can't. :D

So are you saying you are at 25% or 50% silkied hatching?
Or next go round only crossing silkieds with silkieds or known silkied carriers?

Same point on the choc gene?
If I have this right, you're crossing with blue/splash because if they are carrying the choc gene it will express as mauve/mauve splash.
If you'd used black, other than some possible dinge or bleed, it would mask the choc expression?

I am soooo
fl.gif
fl.gif
for a choc silkied roo.......... ain't we all?

El Dingo Dong - funny, but shouldn't that be DH? El Dingo Dongless would be you! LOL!
If you know your last batch hatch date and can remember how many days before setting the next...
CRS strikes again. Think it's my room mate. Have to write everything down in a date book or I'd be lost.

Back
Top Bottom