Chocolate/Mauve Ameraucana color project~ BeakHouse

Not a thing for hatching. May provide some clue how close the chocolate gene is since it was inserted with a brown egg layer. Ameracauna SOP calls for Blue eggs tho the shade can vary greatly. The "bluer" the egg - the better because that is what the breed is supposed to produce.

droolin.gif
Gorgeous chick. May he be a fine boy!

Chocolates. They'll make a roo lover of ya!

Here's an updated pic of the 2 chicks (1didn't make it). They are about 3 weeks now.

Any thoughts on color? The dark one I think is blue but the lighter one... Could it be mauve?

Last edited:
Hi. I just wanted to update with my progress on the chocolate ameraucana project! I hatched 4 near the end of April. Mine came from Chookschick. Two are mauve and two are chocolate. I sold the 2 mauve to a friend because I just want to work on chocolate right now. One of the chocolate ones is silkied and I think it is a pullet! It is possible she is black but when the sun hits her she looks chocolate. Its just not the milk chocolate color I was expecting but maybe that's how it looks on her silkied feathers
hu.gif
. The other chocolate is a rooster!! He is so handsome
love.gif
I have 2 black ameraucana pullets that I hatched out to cross him to. They are small but I guess that's from the bantam chocolate orps used to make them? I know a few crosses will get them bigger! Should I cross the two of them or only cross the chocolate roo to my black pullets? I have a blue silkied rooster from my silkied am project that I could put the chocolate pullet with. That might be interesting too! I am attaching pictures of the 2 chocolates and my silkied roosters (I'm selling the splash one). How is the project going for everyone?

supermom,

Let me know if you might be interested in hatching more chicks. I will be offering more eggs from my chocolate pen soon. My birds are all of good size. The chocolate cock bird I used was 7 1/2 lbs.

Your pictures won't enlarge, so it is hard to see what color they are.

Back
Top Bottom