Chocolate Orpingtons

You can Breed a Chocolate Cock/Rooster  with a Mauve Hen and you will get 25% Mauve Female Chicks and 25% Mauve Male chicks and 25% Chocolate Females chicks and 25% Chocolate Males Chicks.

Or you could breed a chocolate rooster with a chocolate hen with one of the two also being splash and get 100% mauve offspring.

Oh okay thank u for ur help!
1f44d-1f3fb.png

I have blue, black and splash hens and a chocolate rooster. I know the chocolate rooster with the black hens will give me sex-linked chocolate pullets and black cockerels, but what will I get with the blue and splash hens? I guess there will be mauve in there somewhere?

I have blue, black and splash hens and a chocolate rooster. I know the chocolate rooster with the black hens will give me sex-linked chocolate pullets and black cockerels, but what will I get with the blue and splash hens? I guess there will be mauve in there somewhere? 

Mauve is blue + chocolate. You'll get chocolate pullets from the black hen, chocolate and mauve from the blue, and mauves from the splash. Cockerels will be regular BBS, but carrying chocolate.

I tried to create a spreadsheet/grid when I first started with the chocolates. While we are on the subject, if someone can help me fill in a few blanks, I would greatly appreciate it.

Males down the left, females across the top, offspring produced in the mating.

And also verify that what I found was accurate:

Back
Top Bottom