Chocolate Orpingtons

Ok
Choc orp male bred to EE partridge colored females. Will the chicks be sexlinked , i.e.
Choc will be females, blacks will be males?

In theory, yes, because the male would contribute a chocolate gene to the females and they would show it, and the males would only get one copy, so they wouldn't show it. But I have no idea how the partridge from the mother would come into play. :/

Just posting some pics of my choc orp (split to mottled). She will be 7 months soon. Working on choc mottled project with her and looking for a choc mottled or split to mottled cockerel.

@WVduckchick

Hi, not having luck taking pictures but here is a video my husband made of our cockerels. I need to cull. I know my birds are not show quality. I just can't keep 8 roosters. Can anyone give me advice on which ones to keep.

A few of our chocolates

@WVduckchick

Hi, not having luck taking pictures but here is a video my husband made of our cockerels. I need to cull. I know my birds are not show quality. I just can't keep 8 roosters. Can anyone give me advice on which ones to keep.

All very pretty to me! If you aren't breeding for show quality, then I'd go on personality. Pick the ones that treat the girls better and are easier around humans. Just my two cents.

A few of our chocolates

Nice round fluffs!

Back
Top Bottom