Chocolate Silkie trio hatching different colored chicks?

Sugarwags

Chirping
Sep 3, 2019
My friend gave me some eggs to hatch from his chocolate silkie trio since he didn't have any incubator space. According to any chart I've seen online the chicks should all be chocolate but the 2 that have hatched so far look black/blue. Any insight? I've included a picture of the trio

Attachments

• received_358010043070002.jpeg
    received_358010043070002.jpeg
    850.8 KB · Views: 49
My friend gave me some eggs to hatch from his chocolate silkie trio since he didn't have any incubator space. According to any chart I've seen online the chicks should all be chocolate but the 2 that have hatched so far look black/blue. Any insight? I've included a picture of the trio
dose your friend have any other colour silkies at his place?

I tried my best, it's hard to get a good pic through my brinsea right now
According to any chart I've seen online the chicks should all be chocolate but the 2 that have hatched so far look black/blue. Any insight?

I would wait a day or two, until the chicks are nice and fluffy and in the brooder, before worrying about them being the wrong color. Chicks can seem to change color quite a lot in the first few hours.

I would wait a day or two, until the chicks are nice and fluffy and in the brooder, before worrying about them being the wrong color. Chicks can seem to change color quite a lot in the first few hours.
Thank you! Observation was going to happen either way lol but my friend who gave me the eggs is feeling uneasy about them not looking chocolate right away so I told him I would post and see what other people say since genetics give me a headache and neither of us are super knowledgeable about genetics

the chicks should all be chocolate but the 2 that have hatched so far look black/blue. Any insight?
What color do the chicks look today?
Have they turned chocolate, or do you still have a mystery?

According to any chart I've seen online the chicks should all be chocolate
That's what I would expect too.

Back
Top Bottom