Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

I have chicks and ducklings in my bator . Going into lockdown today Chicks on Thursday and ducklings about a week from now. I had to rescue the duck eggs from a broody chicken who decided after about 4 days that motherhood was not for her.Not sure on exact hatch day for the ducklings Maybe Christmas we shall see.
What a great Christmas present to me.

I have chicks and ducklings in my bator . Going into lockdown today Chicks on Thursday and ducklings about a week from now. I had to rescue the duck eggs from a broody chicken who decided after about 4 days that motherhood was not for her.Not sure on exact hatch day for the ducklings Maybe Christmas we shall see.
What a great Christmas present to me.

Well done!!

Today was my lock down day, ....
jumpy.gif

I candled my eggs last night. out of 15 eggs, I can see I had one quitter and one that still looks viable with all the veins and another that was very dark inside but I couldn't see very much other than the air cell. all the other 12 looked like fresh eggs on day 1 still. I'm very bummed. I don't know if I did something wrong, they weren't fertilized, or if it all leads back to that one day that they lost power for 6 hours on day 4. I plugged them back in and hoped for the best but its so sad for me. Is this normal? I'm talking about my feeling sad about the eggs, lol.

claudia

I candled my eggs last night.  out of 15 eggs, I can see I had one quitter and one that still looks viable with all the veins and another that was very dark inside but I couldn't see very much other than the air cell.  all the other 12 looked like fresh eggs on day 1 still.  I'm very bummed.  I don't know if I did something wrong, they weren't fertilized, or if it all leads back to that one day that they lost power for 6 hours on day 4.    I plugged them back in and hoped for the best but its so sad for me.  Is this normal?  I'm talking about my feeling sad about the eggs, lol.

claudia

Oh yeah. The disappointment is absolutely normal. I would guess that the 12 eggs that look the same as day 1 were not fertile, and that the power outage was not an issue. You're doing well.

Oletymer....any chick pics yet??....
:pop

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom