Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

Discussion in 'Hatch-A-Longs' started by SouthernCalBeachChick, Nov 20, 2013.

1. SouthernCalBeachChick

SouthernCalBeachChick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2011
    Southern California
    I see that there's a big New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long, but would anyone like to join me for a Christmas hatch? My new Brinsea Mini Advance is being delivered on Monday and I'd love to do my first hatch on Christmas when we've got a full house! I know I could be setting myself up for failure, but I'm an eternal optimist.
    I have a colorful egg laying flock: Cream Legbars, Olive Eggers & Ameraucanas. I'm going to be hatching some Marans.
    It looks like we'd need to set eggs on Wednesday, December 4th. Who's in?

1 person likes this.
  2. roostereggs

roostereggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2013
    I'm in!

I will be hatching a dozen CCLs, BC/Blue Marans, and olive eggers. Then chicken math got the best of me so I may throw in some of my current eggs, since my brown, cream, and green layers are getting older. So a few from my Barnevelder roo X barred rocks, EEs, golden/red sex-links, and/or buff orp. I want a rainbow nest!

Because of my husband's work schedule, we will move our Christmas to Friday the 27th, though, giving us a 3 day weekend to enjoy the chaos I posted above. [​IMG]

3. SilkieSensation

SilkieSensation Overrun With Chickens

Oct 25, 2012
    Baltic, Ohio
    I will join if we get moved in time.

4. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    I am in! Just set 15 lovely green duck eggs that should be done hatching by Christmas eve =) otherwise I will have to get an egg sitter for the day while were out. My hen just keeps surprising me with a new nest every month, even when I let her Set them herself, same area but in different spots.

5. Chrysolinsbirds

Chrysolinsbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2013
    Merced county, CA
    Wish my chickens would start laying steady again so I could put some bantams in on Dec 7 to hatch on Christmas, only got two eggs this week, from the same hen I'm sure. Cmon BR pullets I want to hatch your first ever eggs. My only hen still laying is a buff Brahma bantam and I just set 7 of hers on the 10th only took 2weeks to get that many =/ lockdown for those is thurs/Thanksgiving

6. TheBirdMan5

TheBirdMan5 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 16, 2013
    I will join ill just throw some production red eggs in the incubator for fun. I usually don't hatch chicken eggs but ill do it for fun to see some nice Christmas babies. - Jay in MA

7. FrozenFeathers

FrozenFeathers Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2013
    Dryden, MI
    I'm in if my eggies arrive in time!

8. grammanenan

grammanenan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2011
    I am setting a dozen eggs in the morning for a christmas present to me - so what if they have to live indoors all winter...

9. roostereggs

roostereggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2013
    r

How did those babies do? Any hatch?

10. Crickett

Crickett Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    Heart of Dixie
    Can I join? Although my eggs are already in the 'bator, and have been for about 4 days. They are going to be "mystery " chicks. They should be here for Christmas though! What a wonderful gift to me! Even if I have to keep them in the bedroom til spring!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by