Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

SouthernCalBeachChick

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 17, 2011
Southern California
I see that there's a big New Year's Day 2014 Hatch-A-Long, but would anyone like to join me for a Christmas hatch? My new Brinsea Mini Advance is being delivered on Monday and I'd love to do my first hatch on Christmas when we've got a full house! I know I could be setting myself up for failure, but I'm an eternal optimist.
I have a colorful egg laying flock: Cream Legbars, Olive Eggers & Ameraucanas. I'm going to be hatching some Marans.
It looks like we'd need to set eggs on Wednesday, December 4th. Who's in?

I'm in!

I will be hatching a dozen CCLs, BC/Blue Marans, and olive eggers. Then chicken math got the best of me so I may throw in some of my current eggs, since my brown, cream, and green layers are getting older. So a few from my Barnevelder roo X barred rocks, EEs, golden/red sex-links, and/or buff orp. I want a rainbow nest!

Because of my husband's work schedule, we will move our Christmas to Friday the 27th, though, giving us a 3 day weekend to enjoy the chaos I posted above.
pop.gif

I am in! Just set 15 lovely green duck eggs that should be done hatching by Christmas eve =) otherwise I will have to get an egg sitter for the day while were out. My hen just keeps surprising me with a new nest every month, even when I let her Set them herself, same area but in different spots.

Wish my chickens would start laying steady again so I could put some bantams in on Dec 7 to hatch on Christmas, only got two eggs this week, from the same hen I'm sure. Cmon BR pullets I want to hatch your first ever eggs. My only hen still laying is a buff Brahma bantam and I just set 7 of hers on the 10th only took 2weeks to get that many =/ lockdown for those is thurs/Thanksgiving

I will join ill just throw some production red eggs in the incubator for fun. I usually don't hatch chicken eggs but ill do it for fun to see some nice Christmas babies. - Jay in MA

I am setting a dozen eggs in the morning for a christmas present to me - so what if they have to live indoors all winter...

Wish my chickens would start laying steady again so I could put some bantams in on Dec 7 to hatch on Christmas, only got two eggs this week, from the same hen I'm sure. Cmon BR pullets I want to hatch your first ever eggs. My only hen still laying is a buff Brahma bantam and I just set 7 of hers on the 10th only took 2weeks to get that many =/ lockdown for those is thurs/Thanksgiving
r

How did those babies do? Any hatch?

Can I join? Although my eggs are already in the 'bator, and have been for about 4 days. They are going to be "mystery " chicks. They should be here for Christmas though! What a wonderful gift to me! Even if I have to keep them in the bedroom til spring!

Back
Top Bottom