Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

We got seven eggs on the third, but only four eggs yesterday, so I decided to wait until today. When I went out after school there where five more, which gives me 16 total. The five today were pretty cold as it snowed earlier this afternoon. I still haven't really figured out what "setting" means, but I am waiting for all the eggs to come up to room temperature before I place them in the incubator. It'll probably nine or ten O'clock before they actually get put in, so I'm a bit behind the game.

You're still ahead of me. I'm in the middle of moving & haven't found a spot for the bator yet. I'm supposed to join the New Year's hatch too. Maybe I will just set 1 batch right in the middle of the 2 set dates...lol

All the best to you. My sister is moving back to town and the movers just arrived yesterday with their shipment. The first thing to get set up was her chicken coop.

I'm in! I'll be setting my eggs first thing in the morning, as I got them today about noon. I'll be setting 15 of Lucky Pickens cochin eggs. Its also our first time setting eggs, so wish us luck.

Claudia

Day 6 I can see fine veins in 2 of my eggs, Brown shells are a little harder to see , Will check them again in 4 days,
pop.gif

I have 30 something eggs in the bator. Most are shipped eggs, and I keep reading that they have a low hatch rate...but then I had this crazy thought...'what if they ALL hatch? What have I done???' I think I would
th.gif

I am going to candle them on Wednesday. I never did get a tinted egg from my BRs. :( Oh, well...maybe for the Easter hatch a long!

I see Im not the only one hatching out eggs in Dec, I just put 6 in on the 1st, hoping to get a few black stars from my girl,
Solstice Babies, YAY!!

I want a pig! And a couple goats and a sheep and a donkey ......yeah I want the whole farm!
Oh yeah! Pigs are awesome, we raised some out this summer for our freezer and I have to say, they are DELICIOUS!

I can't believe that I started this thread & I can't participate! On the positive side, they're filming a movie at our ranch! On the negative side, filming brings too many opportunities for power outages. I guess I'll be a week behind you guys, but I'm still going to follow along.
Good luck everyone!
big_smile.png
Wait…did I read this right? FILMING a movie on your ranch??? how cool, tell us more…..
pop.gif

I'm in! I'll be setting my eggs first thing in the morning, as I got them today about noon. I'll be setting 15 of Lucky Pickens cochin eggs. Its also our first time setting eggs, so wish us luck.

Claudia
Claudia, did you set on Friday? I'm participating in the NYD hatch (a very favorite of mine) but will be out of town on the 1st, so I put them in a few days early so they will hatch while the kids are out of school, but hatch before we go away.

I have 30 something eggs in the bator. Most are shipped eggs, and I keep reading that they have a low hatch rate...but then I had this crazy thought...'what if they ALL hatch? What have I done???' I think I would
th.gif

I am going to candle them on Wednesday. I never did get a tinted egg from my BRs. :( Oh, well...maybe for the Easter hatch a long!
My first hatch ever was shipped eggs, we got about 50% hatch rate, which I thought was quite good, I've since learned about keeping shipped eggs still for the first few days in order to let loose or detached air cells heal. I am SUPER eggcited about the eggs I bought for this hatch, I will be thrilled beyond belief if even ONE hatches…

Claudia, did you set on Friday? I'm participating in the NYD hatch (a very favorite of mine) but will be out of town on the 1st, so I put them in a few days early so they will hatch while the kids are out of school, but hatch before we go away.
I DID!!! BUT I'm having a panick attack right now. .... and I need help and advice....

See, I had them come out and clean my carpets today. Well, the guy tripped something and I haven't been able to get the electric back up against that side of the living room and reseting my electric panel isn't helping. I just realized about 5 minutes ago that my incubator was plugged in on that side. The babies were unplugged since about noon. Does this mean that I need to toss them? I'm so upset!

Claudia

Back
Top Bottom