Christmas 2013 Hatch-A-Long!

Oh yeah. The disappointment is absolutely normal. I would guess that the 12 eggs that look the same as day 1 were not fertile, and that the power outage was not an issue. You're doing well.

Oletymer....any chick pics yet??....
pop.gif
Well our weather in claysville was a balmy 64 degrees making it 80 in my house....I checked the bator and it was 104
barnie.gif
... out of 6 eggs 1 finally hatched It a buff brahma mix, all the others didnt make it, I have a dozen to start over again, When I checked the quiters I did have 2 black stars so maybe I can get the second batch to the finish line, now I have to move one of my younger pullets into a bin to keep this baby from crying...
jumpy.gif

Oh MY Goodness!! Anything yet? You must be going crazy (I would be)...Did you hear any chirping when you turned them today?

no chirping, maybe they were asleep? I candled a couple, just to see if they quit, and all I could see was a very dark blob and the air cell. I HAVE NO FINGERNAILS LEFT!!!!!!! This is killing me! Augh!

[COLOR=0000FF]Oh yeah. The disappointment is absolutely normal. I would guess that the 12 eggs that look the same as day 1 were not fertile, and that the power outage was not an issue. You're doing well.

Oletymer....any chick pics yet??....[/COLOR]:pop

Well our weather in claysville was a balmy 64 degrees making it 80 in my house....I checked the bator and it was 104 :barnie ... out of 6 eggs 1 finally hatched It a buff brahma mix, all the others didnt make it, I have a dozen to start over again, When I checked the quiters I did have 2 black stars so maybe I can get the second batch to the finish line, now I have to move one of my younger pullets into a bin to keep this baby from crying...:jumpy

Oh dang! That's rough. This weather is soooo wonky.

We lock down tomorrow, I've got some D'Uccles in there, I hope their not too early...

Back
Top Bottom