Christmas gift recommendations? Christmas thread!

Do you do Secret Santa within a family or friend group?

• Yes

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • What's that?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I think so.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • With whiskey

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
My littlest ones are 13 and 14, and they asked for a new trampoline to replace the one that finally gave up the ghost this past summer. Aside from that, the girl is getting clothes and some makeup (she's limited to mascara and lip gloss), and airpods. The boy is getting a new mechanical gaming keyboard, steam cards, some clothes, and they're both getting sporting goods (golf stuff for him, gymnastics stuff for her). We took them shopping a few weeks ago and had them pick out things they liked so we know what to get them, because teens be picky about clothes. :) The 2 oldest ones are adults. We got one new pots and pans for his kitchen, and the other we gave his favorite green paper gift, dead presidents.

Bonus, since we're replacing the tramp, I have a new-to-me 14 foot circular metal frame to convert into either tortoise housing or a coop :)

My littlest ones are 13 and 14, and they asked for a new trampoline to replace the one that finally gave up the ghost this past summer. Aside from that, the girl is getting clothes and some makeup (she's limited to mascara and lip gloss), and airpods. The boy is getting a new mechanical gaming keyboard, steam cards, some clothes, and they're both getting sporting goods (golf stuff for him, gymnastics stuff for her). We took them shopping a few weeks ago and had them pick out things they liked so we know what to get them, because teens be picky about clothes. :) The 2 oldest ones are adults. We got one new pots and pans for his kitchen, and the other we gave his favorite green paper gift, dead presidents.

Bonus, since we're replacing the tramp, I have a new-to-me 14 foot circular metal frame to convert into either tortoise housing or a coop :)
I myself do enjoy some green paper with dead presidents on them 🙌🏽

I myself do enjoy some green paper with dead presidents on them 🙌🏽
I figure a nice personalized card and cash to pick the things he wants/needs is good at the point he's at in his life right now. Once he's got a more or less permanent place of his own (he's only 20) we can do some more meaningful gifts for him, but the last thing he needs is clutter right now.

I got everyone about 8 gifts this year, so it would abit hard to remember them all.

My mom got us the most presents this year.
20211207_124512.jpg
We still have some gifts to try to stuff under the tree.

I figure a nice personalized card and cash to pick the things he wants/needs is good at the point he's at in his life right now. Once he's got a more or less permanent place of his own (he's only 20) we can do some more meaningful gifts for him, but the last thing he needs is clutter right now.
I’m in the same boat as your son 👍🏽 My parents figure just to give me money so I can buy what I need. Currently saving for a much needed computer atm for school.

Great ideas! Thank you!

I do know that teens love their dead presidents!

Back
Top Bottom